Saturday, July 8

Meeghan's Grandpa


If life wasn't tough enough on my wife Meeghan's family after her death, four months to the very day her grandpa also passed away. He literally could not bear life without her it seems. I was asked to draw a small picture for the attendance book. This is it, it was emotional to do it but it just came to me and I was finished without really thinking about it. He always saw her as his little grandaughter and used to take her fishing, the family wanted a fishing oriented illo so it seemed kinda natural to do it like this...this blog is gettin rather depressing is it not?

5 comments:

Chrissie A said...

This is a very touching illustration. It moved me enough to search through your blog for more about your wife...I'm very sorry for your loss.

You have some lovely fresh stuff here! I like the sticker designs especially (first saw them on the Drawing Board, which is how I got here :) ) My first visit...I'll be back to see what's new!

gTuz said...

Thanks for the sympathies Chrissie, it's been hard but believe it or not I can see there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Anonymous said...

i love this... a grandpa taking his favourite little girl fishing- life is beautiful when its that simple...

Anonymous said...

I am blown away by all your art work, Meeghan's Grandpa is my favourite illustration. I love 'little Meeghan' in it, reminds me of the good ol' days back home:)

Anonymous said...

meeghans grandpa was my grandpa 2 it was very hard losing em both all we can think of is the good times they both will be with us always and 4eva life will always go on. From meeghans little cousin & grandpas little grand daughter

 
web hosting