Monday, August 7

Skateshop Mural: Work in Progress

well here's the hypothetical start of my mural. It's gonna be all paste ups as the building is heritage listed so I can't paint on there. No doubt it'll take quite a few sessions to get it all up. But it's prob 50% complete at the mo in this pic (it'll prob change a few more times). I'm going to layout some kind of character based scene all the way to the door from where the little dead mickey dude is.
How friggin crap is their signage!? it had nothing to do with the shop owner, more to do with the guy that owns the building.....average stuff, man I'm still shaking my head about it... it'll be interesting to see the public reaction, as the town's population is on average pretty old.



2 comments:

please be friendly said...

It is looking cool! They need your help STAT - new signage GO GO GO!!

IamOSI said...

sweet layout so far bro! i like the direction its going. reminds me of my graff days when any piece of wall cried to me to throw-up a character or two. just let it flow and fill every inch of that wall. and experiment with freestyling and pasting up whatever you feel in different areas to keep it fresh and organic. use the force greg, and make it live. and you're right about the signage, the eyesore has got to go!

 
web hosting